Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Tuesday Tidbits:

Having to give up coffee AGAIN.  My stomach has been upset for about 3 weeks now, on and off and I couldn't figure out the problem. I hate to admit it, but it is the coffee and the acid.  I made a pitcher of my spiced tea last night and am enjoying it as I type.  

Picking up Jesse from school.  He has been with his Mother since Sunday but coming home today.  She had to borrow a car to come get him, as her car is still not repaired.

I now have 17 of my circles completed and still going strong.  I am running out of yarn and in the next day or two, will have to buy more.

We had some visitors from Nashville, TN. over the weekend.  It is a young couple who is related on Jim's side of the family. They have a new baby boy, Ethan, and wanted us to see him. Jim gave him one of his guns that is approximately 70 years old.  Even tho Jim isn't smiling in the picture, he was tickled pink to be able to hold him, and his parents were surprised and very happy with the gift. Ethan's father is a hunter too!


We are both feeling better.  When you get to our age, it takes a little longer to recover, but with rest and time, we bounce back!

I leave you with this.......................


6 comments:

  1. Little Ethan is SO cute! I'm glad you had those visitors so you could see this sweet little bundle!

    I'm glad that you are both feeling better, but sorry that you are needing to give up your coffee. I've never been a coffee drinker...it is tea for me.

    Love the little quote at the bottom of your post.

    Have a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the little funny at the top. 😊 So glad you both are feeling better. What a precious baby and nice gift. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to meet you today, enjoyed your cute funny too! I am glad that you are able to find a substitute for coffee! Have you ever tried chicory? It has a coffee taste, but without the caffeine. It can be grown in your garden too! It actually is pretty good :) Lovely picture of your husband and the sweet little baby, and what a generous gift! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry the coffee began bothering your stomach again. I hope you will enjoy the tea. Ethan is a cutie. I hope you and Jim continue to feel better. It's been kinda dreary and grey today. A good day for reading for me and crocheting for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you can't enjoy a cup of coffee, but it's good you like tea! At least you have a cup of something hot to warm you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand the coffee issues...sometimes it bothers me. But not often.

    That is such a precious baby....love the name Ethan.

    ReplyDelete